It’s that time of year when we start to look at our targets and objectives for the new Rotary year, which begins on July 1st.
The group holds an ‘Assembly’ every June to identify the events that the CIO plans to run and the areas that it would like to support, assuming we are able to raise the funds to do so, in 2022/23. These include:
- The Rotary fete on August 11 2022
- The Young Musicians competition for school children
- Help with the Friendly Food Club
- Environmental projects including helping Greengage and restoring the Rotary garden
- A host of Christmas events including the street market, Santa’s sleigh and charity Christmas mail
- Christmas shoeboxes for deprived children in parts of the world less privileged than our own
- A pop up shop to raise funds for various international projects including Rotary’s disaster relief charities, Shelterbox, WaterAid and the people of Ukraine
- Support for pre-school and primary schools in Swanage and surrounding villages
- A range of projects with Swanage School
- Initiatives to help local children get involved with various sports clubs
- Silver Saturday – an afternoon of fun and refreshment for Swanage’s older residents
We look forward to seeing our wonderful local community at many of the events and sincerely hope that we will be able to raise the funds required to fulfil these plans.
Anyone who would like to know more about the group, what we do and how they can get involved can contact us via email here.