** Christmas is coming! Click here for all the details about our December activities **
For 2023/24, Rotary International’s theme is:
and we will be looking to reflect that in all our events and activities.
Aligning with that theme, our President’s chosen charity this year is MYTIME, a local charity fighting to level the playing field for young carers, and we are hoping to be able to provide them with much needed funds through some of our fundraising activities over the year.
Our main activities are:
- The Rotary Summer fete
- The Young Musicians competition for school children
- Help with the Friendly Food Club
- Environmental projects including helping the Greengage project
- A host of Christmas events including the street market, Santa’s sleigh and Charity Christmas mail
- Christmas shoeboxes for deprived children in parts of the world less privileged than our own
- A pop up shop to raise funds for various international projects including Rotary’s disaster relief charities, Shelterbox, WaterAid and the people of Ukraine
- Support for pre-school and primary schools in Swanage and surrounding villages
- Initiatives to help local children get involved with various sports clubs
- Silver Saturday – an afternoon of fun and refreshment for Swanage’s older residents
We are delighted to have been awarded Gold Partnership status by ShelterBox in recognition of fundraising efforts over the past couple of years. Read more about this award here.
We are always pleased to welcome new members to the group. Alternatively you might be interested in becoming a Friend of Rotary or a Business Partner. If you would like more information about joining us please check our ‘Get Involved’ page, contact us or to view our programme of activities, click here.
You’ll also find a page dedicated to our Business Partners, who support us not only financially but in so many other ways. Click on each of their logos to find out more about them and what they do.
A thriving group is the key to us being able to continue to do what we do, and we welcome anyone who would like to come along and find out more about us. Simply contact our secretary.
We recognise the huge contribution that the local population and visitors to our area contribute to our success and are are continually overwhelmed by their support and generosity. If you’d like to make a donation to help our fundraising efforts, including our Presidential charity MYTIME, please scan this QR code:
Please indicate when you donate if you wish your donation to be allocated to MYTIME or for general good causes.
We have enjoyed more than 60 years of fun, fellowship and fundraising. The collaboration with our community and the support from our visitors has made it the success that it is and will continue to be.
Thank you for reading and we hope you enjoy browsing our website. We look forward to meeting many of you at our various events and activities across the year.