Click here to find out more about us and how you can contact us with any queries.
Message from President Chris Le Fevre
On behalf of Swanage & Purbeck Rotary I would like to thank you for visiting our website. We are a group of around 30 men and women from all walks of life who share a common aim to help others whilst enjoying each other’s company. The group gets together on a regular basis in Swanage and the surrounding area.
Our programme of events aims to combine active fund raising and service delivery with social events and talks from inspiring speakers on a wide range of subjects. Our activities are also supported by Friends of Rotary and our Business Partners – both groups play an important role in helping us.
Our main activities are:
- The Rotary Summer fete
- The Young Musicians competition for school children
- Help with the Friendly Food Club
- Environmental projects including helping Greengage and restoring the Rotary garden
- A host of Christmas events including the street market, Santa’s sleigh and charity Christmas mail
- Christmas shoeboxes for deprived children in parts of the world less privileged than our own
- A pop up shop to raise funds for various international projects including Rotary’s disaster relief charities, Shelterbox, WaterAid and the people of Ukraine
- Support for pre-school and primary schools in Swanage and surrounding villages
- A range of projects with Swanage School
- Initiatives to help local children get involved with various sports clubs
- Silver Saturday – an afternoon of fun and refreshment for Swanage’s older residents
In addition we are supporting the Purbeck Youth Community Foundation during my presidential year.
We are always pleased to welcome new members to the group. Alternatively you might be interested in becoming a Friend of Rotary or a Business Partner. If you would like more information about joining us please contact us or to view our programme of activities please click here.
You’ll also find a page dedicated to our Business Partners, who support us not only financially but in so many other ways. Click on each of their logos to find out more about them and what they do.
A thriving group is the key to us being able to continue to do what we do, and we welcome anyone who would like to come along and find out more about us. Simply contact our secretary.
We recognise the huge contribution that the local population and visitors to our area contribute to our success and are are continually overwhelmed by their support and generosity. If you’d like to make a donation to help our fundraising efforts, please click here:
or you can scan this QR code:
We have enjoyed more than 60 years of fun, fellowship and fundraising. The collaboration with our community and the support from our visitors has made it the success that it is and will continue to be.
Thank you for reading and we hope you enjoy browsing our website. We look forward to meeting many of you at our various events and activities across the year.